Here you can find answers to some frequently asked questions you may have about us, our products, and our website! If you have a question that is not answered on this page, please Contact Us!
- Who/What is Bumblebee Acres Farm?
It's a long story! You can read the basics on our About Us page!
- Do you have a brick and mortar shop? Can I visit the farm?
Unfortunately, at this time we do not have the ability to host guests at our farm. We hope to some day have select events held at our farm (shearing party, anyone?!), but at this time you can experience our farm through Instagram or visit us at one of our shows! You can see our Show Schedule here!
- Do you wholesale or do trunk shows?
At this time we are not able to offer our yarns for wholesale. If you would like to host us for a trunk show or pop up shop, please Contact Us.
- How do I care for my projects? Washing, drying, etc?
Although most of the yarns we carry are Superwash wool, we never recommend washing your finished objects in HOT water, the washing machine, or putting them in the dryer! These practices are not good for the longevity of your knits. Even though we do everything to ensure the colors will not fade with proper care, some colors can bleed under certain circumstances (remember that old joke of forgetting something red in your "Whites" hot water wash and everthing comes out pink?). If you have a multi color project, or are worried about colors staying true in your project, please follow these instructions for washing and blocking your project.
1. Steam block.
2. Wash and wet block.
If you choose to Wash and/or Wet Block, please follow these instructions to avoid possible color bleeding:
1. Hand wash in cool (not cold) water using the wool wash of your choice (I use classic Dawn Dishsoap) and add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to each gallon of washing solution.
2. Rinse in cool water adding 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to each gallon of rinse water.
3. Spin dry or gently compress (don’t wring or twist!) excess water out and then block.
- If you absolutely CANNOT stand the smell of vinegar, substitute each tablespoon with one teaspoon of citric acid (Fruit Fresh).
- If you have hard water, use 2 tablespoons of vinegar per gallon of water.
If you are not blocking your project, lay flat to dry. Also, we always spin dry our knits in a SPIN DRYER prior to laying flat.
- Is your data (name, email, payment information, address, etc.) safe when you shop with us?
In short? YES.
When you sign up for our newsletter or purchase from us, we keep all your information safe, and do not sell it or give it out to 3rd partys.
All payments made in person or at shows are processed through PayPal or Square POS. PayPal does not allow us to see how you paid for your purchase, and Square POS will save your credit card information in their secure system, although we can NEVER access it and charge you again.
- Where does your wool come from?
We You may have noticed that Bumblebee Acres Farm is, indeed, a farm! However, not all of our wool comes from our woolly family. We hope to some day increase our flock to support more of our wool demand, but until then we purchase yarn and wool top from suppliers that guarnatee that the wool comes from ethical farming practices in the Americas, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. None of our wool comes from farms using Mulesing techniques.
- A colorway you saw at a show or on the website is not on our website- can you still get it?
We dye to order many of our orders, so making a custom order for you is not a problem! Simply Contact Us and let us know what you are interested in! Depending on time of year, it may take longer to dye your order. Also, some colors cannot be released for a certain time period. This includes our club colorways, which are released based on a certain schedule.
- What does "Online Only" mean?
Maybe this is a self explanatory question, but some of our colors and bases are ONLINE ONLY for the reason that we simply do not have the room to take EVERYTHING. If you are DEPENDING on a color/base combo to be at a show, PLEASE CONTACT US to make sure we bring it! We can also create you a "Free Ship" Code and have you pick up your order at the event, if you would like!
Still Have Questions? Contact Us!